THE EVERYDAY FACE


Ok, maybe I should not call this post an everyday face, because let's be honest I rarely wear makeup every single day. When I have to get up at 5am to go to class, makeup is the last thing I think about. Coffee and catching a train - those are the real priorities here. But anyways, you are probably here to read about makeup - when I actually do put it on my face. So here you have it - all the contents of my on-the-go makeup bag. 

BB cream is a must. Even skin tone is all what I aim for most of the days. I don't like masking my skin and the occasional breakout can be simply covered by a concealer (Lisa Eldridge style ;)). I don't usually powder my skin right away, but I do carry a translucent mattifying powder for touch ups during the day. To cover my under eye circles I currently use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind ... concealer in fair. The name couldn't be longer Maybelline! If you watch any beauty youtuber, you have probably already heard a tun about this product. I do not share the hype, but I hate products going to waste so I am just trying to use it up. To finish off the face I use another Maybelline product - the Master Sculpt Contouring Palette in Light Medium. For a contour I find the shade too warm. As a bronzer it works really nice and blends on the skin flawlessly. The highlight in the pallette is just okay. It packs too much golden glitter rather than sheen. A few simple steps and the face base is done. 

When it comes to eyes I like fuss-free-one-swipe-ready-to-go looks ... actually when it comes to anything makeup! :D Eyeshadow sticks or liquid eyeshadows are the best. Here I have the Manhattan Eyemazing Eyeshadow Cream in naughty nude. It gives beautiful rosy shine to lids and lasts all day. Sometimes I use a dark brown pencil eyeliner to add little bit more definition to the eyes and finish off the look with a swipe of mascara. A comparison of a handful of them is coming your way in a next post! For lips a swipe of my all time favorite Kiko lipstick and the every day face is done. 

And yes, I almost forgot about brows! For some reason I always carry with me two options - a pencil and a gel. Although I never use them together. I hope that the trend of strong scary brows will go away soon! A few strokes to fill in the sparse areas or a quick brush through to hold the brows in place is all what's usually needed.
Swatches from left to right: Maybelline Drem Pure BB in light, Maybelline Master Sculpt contour in light/medium, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in fair, Manhattan Eyemazing Eyeshadow Cream in naughty nude, Essence Gel eye pencil in cocoa bean, Catrice Eye Brow Stylist in brow-n-eyed peas, Kiko Smart Lipstic in 918.

No comments:

Post a Comment