A FEW GOODIES FROM KIKO COSMETICS


These beauties are part of my first ever trip to Kiko. As you can see I didn't go creazy adventurous with the pick, but I can tell you that since then, I have returned to Kiko many times. Their makeup is simply amazing and the low price is just a sweet cherry on the top!

My absolute favorite are the long-lasting eyeshadow sticks. Those things will really stay on your lids no matter what. I love to use the light taupe (n. 25) one as a base under powder eyeshadow and also as a inner corner highlight when I want something settle. The shadow is slightly shimmery as you can see from the picture which adds nice dimension to the eye. The other color I got is n. 05.  It contains quite a lot of glitter, but you don't have to worry - the shadow stays put and your under-eye won't turn into a glitter disaster.  Just be a little careful if you are using a big brush for blending. I think that fingers work the best in this case.

To the lips now - we have a winner and a looser here. Can you tell which one is which? Well, let me tell you that the lipstick is pretty amazing! The lipliner unfortunately not so much. But on the good note first - the lipstick tastes and smell like vanilla, it feels very moisturizing and nourishing and the color is perfect 'my lips but better' shade (n. 918). I have pretty much substituted my chopstick with this beauty. On the other hand the lipliner has been disappointing. Or maybe it's just me not liking the feel and look of lined lips. I feel like the product goes on in a very thick opaque layer and it is kinda difficult to work with when you are trying to put on a layer of lipstick on top. I have tried to wear the lipliner by itself but found it too drying and fading in a blotchy way.

And the last on the list - the soft touch blush (n. 112). Very nice. I like the small sturdy packaging which even has a mirror! The blush packs a decent pigmentation and only one short swirl with a brush will give you beautiful rosy cheeks. It may feel little rough and not that smooth when you test it with your fingers, but I find that it applies smoothly and blends evenly. Something I would probably recommend to a beginner.

And if you are curious if I would repurchase any of those items, I can tell you that I have already returned to Kiko store for more colors of the eyeshadow sticks and for the lipstick. Yes, I have used up the whole thing! The first ever lipstick that I have ever actually used up!


No comments:

Post a Comment