FIBER BROW GELS | L'OREAL VS ESSENCE


I still remember clear brow gels being a thing a couple of years back. Then, the tinted brow mascaras appeared and our minds were blown away. Now, almost every single brand from high-end to drugstore offers brow tinted gels with fibers for added thickness. I must admit that I have totally fallen in love with this latest trend. 

The L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper has been my staple for almost a year. The color Medium/Dark is a perfect match for my medium brown hair. As you can see from the picture, the mascara wand is tiny which allows a lot of control. Definitely no mess here! I sometimes even use the tip of the mascara to fill in the front of my brows where there is little hair. Once the mascara sets, the brows hold in place all day long. There are golden speckles in the formula which might be a little scary, but once the mascara is applied, you can't really see anything. 

Regarding the claim about fuller brows I thought that it did a pretty good job, until I have tried the Essence Make Me Brow gel. In my opinion the Essence gel performs way better in making the brows look thicker. I feel like there is way more fibers, but in either of those you can't really see the fibers once applied. The formula also leaves the brows feeling softer, but still holds in place well. The Essence brush is even smaller and I overall prefer the tinier packaging. The only problem is the color selection. Although Essence gel comes in 3 shades, one more than the L'Oreal, the 01 Blondy Brows and 03 Soft Browny Brows (on the picture) shades are too light and the 02 Browny Brows color is too dark. If you match one of these colors, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment