AVENE FLUID FOUNDATION CORRECTOR | REVIEW

I am so excited to share this one with you! If you have seen my previous post, the foundation clearout, you probably understand my struggle with foundations. I have sensitive combination skin - and by combination I mean very oily t-zone and dry flaky mess which is the rest of my face. Especially now, transitioning to the colder months and adding the stress at uni, my skin is difficult to handle. And where else to go for an advice than to a french pharmacy, right? French skincare is legendary so I figured that their makeup probably won't be bad either. And I must say, I am in love with this Avene Fluid Foundation Corrector.



Let's start with the packaging, shall we? The foundation comes in a little squeeze tube with a pointy narrow end which gives you a lot of control. The tube might seem small (which I personally love), but it still packs the standard 30ml. The downside is that the foundation comes only in 5 shades. I was lucky and the shade 02 Natural seems to be a perfect match - light to medium skin with warm undertones.

It feels very soft and moisturizing when you rub it in between your fingers, yet it claims to be oil free and non-comedogenic. When you apply the foundation, it almost instantly disappears into your skin as if you would be applying a moisturizer or a serum. The pigment however 'stains' your skin and leaves you with beautifully unified complexion with very natural semi-matte finish. Now when I think about it, the product kind of reminds me of a cc cream thought the coverage is slightly better. One layer gives me light to medium coverage and it seems to conceal redness very well.

One layer of the Avene Fluid Foundation Corrector (left) - skin looks very natural, hyper-pigmentation and redness around the nose are covered

Another thing worth mentioning is that the foundation looks good even without a primer. It glides beautifully over my large pores and it doesn't emphasizes any wrinkles or dryness. My skin feels very soft and smooth. Regarding application, the instructions on the packaging recommend to warm up the foundation in between your fingers first, and then press it and blend it into your skin. This method gives a very natural, light coverage finish. The foundation blends also very nicely with a brush, which in my experience gives better coverage.

The foundation wears very well and even at the end of a long day my skin looks nice and healthy. I have to apply a setting powder in the morning and blot once or twice throughout the day, but for me that's a standard procedure with any foundation. Overall, the Avene Fluid Foundation Corrector has become an everyday staple and I would happily repurchase it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment