LONG LASTING EYESHADOW STICKS | ESSENCE VS MANHATTAN

If you have read any of my previous posts then you already know that I really like eyeshadows in a stick form. They are super easy to apply and blend with just fingers, plus their longevity is usually better than their powder siblings. In today's review I want to compare some of the cheapest cream eyeshadow in a 'stick' form available at the drugstore - the Essence 2in1 Eyeshadow & Liner and the Manhattan Endless Stay Eyeshadow Pen. For further comparison, I also throw into the mix my favorite cream eyeshadow, the Manhattan Eyemazing Eyeshadow Cream. Since it seems like Manhattan and Rimmel are pretty much identical companies, judging from their product displays, this review should also apply to the Rimmel Scandaleyes stick and cream eyeshadows.

Left - swatches indoors; Center - Manhattan cream eyeshadow in Naughty Nude after 6 hours of wear; Right - swatches outside in daylight
 I must say that I was very positively surprised with all of these products. They go on nicely pigmented and give you just enough time for blending before locking to place. I have noticed that the Essence eyeshadow sticks take a tiny bit longer to set, but they lasted as well as all the other ones. I comfortably get to 8 hours without major creasing (no base and no powder eyeshadow over the top). They can be applied very sheer or the color can be build up with more layers. I find that slowly building up the look in thin layers works the best for longevity. The only issue I have is with the Manhattan cream eyeshadow. It can go a little patchy when layering up. Also the finish of the cream is slightly different. It has a rather metallic finish whereas the stick eyeshadows are less shiny looking and more shimmery (if it makes sense). The Essence 2in1 eyeshadow sticks also come in two matte finishes, beige and black.

Overall, I must say that all three products perform quite well and that there are no major differences beside the available shades and price tags. I would happily buy any of these again and expand my shade collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment