NOT WORTH THE HYPE | COVERGIRL THE SUPER SIZER


I resisted this purchase for over half a year and I finally caved in last week. The reviews among bloggers and youtubers were full of positives and for many this has become their new holy grail drugstore mascara. I could not find a single negative review! Maybe I should have listened better to the little tiny voice in the back of my head which was telling me that I don't need this mascara for all this time. The mascara is one big failure for me.


As you can see from the photo above (or maybe not - note: learn how to take better pictures!) the mascara is very, VERY, clumpy. The mascara wand applies a tun of product to the roots of the lashes and is supposed to distribute the product evenly as you twirl and comb through the length of your lashes. Well, I would really like to know where the even distribution is because I couldn't see any. My lashes stuck together and at the ends the mascara balled up into little clumps. I felt like I had only a few spiky lashes instead of beautiful feathery ones.

 
Here you can see a comparison with the Maybelline Rocket mascara (on the right). Although not my top favorite either, it still delivers more in terms of length and fullness, plus it is completely clump free. To give the Super Sizer at least some plus points, I must say that it holds curl nicely and lasts well without smudging. I know you might think "Of course it doesn't smudge, you have the waterproof!" but trust me, most even waterproof mascaras smudge on me because of my very hooded eyelids.

One last note. Seeing plenty of photos on the internet, I realize how deceptive these reviews can be. Often what appears flawless on the internet, can look very unflattering in real life. When I choose my makeup, I want it to look good in real life because that's what matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment