LITERALLY 'GREEN' MAKEUP HAUL - ALVERDE

Internet is a great source for shopping natural and organic beauty products. The variety of brands available online is overwhelming. But when it comes to drugstore, natural cosmetics and especially makeup are hard to come by. Alverde is an exception. It is a natural cosmetics and makeup brand owned by a German drugstore chain Drogerie Markt (DM). Their products are available throughout central and southeastern Europe and I had a chance to pick up couple items during my recent trip to Austria.

As you can see, I didn't hold back and bought pretty much everything one would needed for a complete look.I was intrigued by their beautiful sleek green packaging and very affordable prices which range from 3-6 Euros. 

Let's start with the base products. I picked up a cream to powder concealer in the shade 10 natural beige. The shade is very light and pinked toned so perfect for those porcelain skin ladies out there. I've been using it mainly to cover my under-eye circles and so far it works well. The consistency is very light and creamy with enough coverage which can be easily built up. The finish is really difficult to describe. It is matte but not powdery as the name suggests.


Next, there is an Alverde cream blush in the shade 10 candy rose. Please excuse the dirty packaging, but it totally melted on the way form Austria. Again, the blush is a very light shade, perfect for natural fresh looks when you have a light complexion. The consistency is maybe a little bit heavier for a blush, but it blends well and the pigmentation is solid. The only downside is that it doesn't last that long and you need to reapply during the day. Alverde also mentions that the blush can be used as a lip balm/lipstick which I haven't tried yet.

To the eyes now! While I always try to use natural products, I have struggled to find some for my brows. Now it seems like the battle is over! Let me introduce you to Alverde brow gel in the shade 02 brown. First of all, it smells like sweet hot cocoa which makes you want to eat it. And second of all, it provides the perfect color and hold for your brows. I use the tip of the wand to deposit more color in my sparse areas to kind of fill them in without using a pencil, and then I just brush through the rest. When it dries, I go through once again with the little green brush on the other side to get rid of any stiffness. This brow gel is definitely my favorite Alverde product so far.


I also couldn't resist to try one of their mascaras. I picked up the Alverde Extreme Black mascara and so far I like it. It provides length and separation without clumping, but it won't give you volume if that is what you are looking for. I haven't experienced any fallout or smudging either so big thumbs up Alverde!
As I have very oily eyelids, I was excited to see that Alverde also has an eyeshadow base in their range. Unfortunately, the product is quite disappointing. When I try to blend it, it created small lumps and kind of crumbles away. I found that patting motion keeps the product in place, but even then I get only 2-3 hours of wear before it creases.


Their eyeshadows are a different story. The pigmentation is very good and even the lighter shades show up well. The darker shades require a little bit more blending though. The eyeshadow quad in 37 chocolate offers you a light matte highlight shade, medium toned matte shade which is perfect for crease blending, and two brown shades, one matte and one shimmery. The eyeshadow duo in 34 mauve harmony has a beautiful metallic finish with pinkish reflections.


Overall, Alverde seems to offer a very good quality natural makeup and I highly recommend you try it if you have a chance. If you already have an experience or recommendations regarding Alverde cosmetics please share them with us in the comment box below!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment