LITTLE DRUGSTORE MASCARA COMPARISON - WHICH ONE IS THE BEST?

 

Finally, a drugstore mascara comparison! I think I am not the only one out there who loves trying out new mascara. Although I have found my favorite and nothing seems to compare to it, I still browse the drugstore for mascaras I haven't tried. What if my favorite mascara will be discontinued? Then, I better need to find an alternative, am I right?

Let's start the comparison with my holy grail - the Covergirl Clump Crusher water resistant. If you like long and perfectly separated lashes than I think you will love this mascara too. There is truly never a problem with clumping, even after two layers. Exactly as Covergirl promises. The combination of dry formula and curved brush work so well at curling my lashes that I completely stopped using an eyelash curler. I just learned to twirl the brush from the roots to the tips of the lashes and my lashes are perfectly curled. The mascara stays on all day and never smudges, not even on the lower lash line. It is not waterproof so tears and water can potentially ruin your makeup, but on the other hand it is relatively easy to get off in the evening.

So now, when we have established a reference point, we can move on to the other mascaras. As my close second favorite comes the Covergirl Lashblast Length, again in water resistant. It gives even longer and fluffier looking lashes than the Clump Crusher and I always get a lot of compliments on my lashes wearing this mascara. The only reason why this mascara is not my number one is, that I have to use an eye lash curler. Call me lazy, but most of the days I just don't want to do the extra step. 

Somewhere between the first and second place is the Kiko Ultra Tech Curve mascara. I love this mascara, but I have some reservations.The formula is dryer than other Kiko mascaras, but still quite wet in comparison to the two aforementioned Covergirl ones. The result is very, very similar to the Clump Crushes. I just feel that it takes a little bit more twirling and wiggling to curl the lashes just with the mascara. A very positive surprise is the lasting power of this mascara. No flaking and no smudging even after a very long day with a run and a yoga session.


From those three mascaras it kind of all goes steeply downhill. Maybelline The Rocket mascara only becomes nice to use after a month from opening and even though I have the waterproof version I sometimes get smudging on my upper lids. If you are thinking between a Covergirl LashBlast Volume and The Rocket, go for the Maybelline one. Both are very black and wet at the beginning and will give you a lot of volume (in a form of clumpiness and spidery lashes), but as the Maybelline mascara dries after couple of uses it is able to better comb through and separate your lashes.

The last representative of the Covergirl family is the Professional All-in-one mascara. This is a very basic mascara. It just makes my lashes more black, no added length nor volume. I keep it in my stash only because it is truly waterproof and smudge-proof - perfect for swimming or hiking if I still want to wear a tiny bit of makeup. 

Over the years I have also tried plenty of Essence mascaras, but most of them smudge on me really bad. The 'I like long lashes!' mascara is no exception. Plus it has a lot of fallout from the added fibers.The brush looks very promising for definition, but unfortunately the result is rather spidery. In terms of brush and the result, it is very similar to the Wet n Wild MegaLength mascara. Essence waterproof mascaras are better and do not smudge, but still leave little bits of mascara on the tips of my lashes which crumble down throughout the day.

I hope that you find this review, or rather overview, helpful. As you can probably tell, I am very picky with my makeup. When I find things which I like, I stick to them. And although I keep trying new products, in my mind I always compare them to my favorites. Remember that mascara preferences are very personal so some of these products can still work for you. Keep trying and playing, the sea of makeup is endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment