FRENCH SKINCARE THAT HELPED MY ROSACEA


A few months ago my skin was desperate. I went through very stressful times and my rosacea flared up like never before. Red, bumpy, painful cheeks. The usual natural skincare wasn't helping so I had to look elsewhere. I caved in to the claims of La Roche-Posay , the self proclaimed experts on sensitive skin. I think I am hooked for life. You know, sometimes you are super impressed with a cream on first use and then a week or two later, your skin hates it. Well, I have been using some of these products 4 moths so I think I have a pretty good grip on what they can do.

Lets start with cleansing. I absolutely fell in love with the Toleriane Dermo Cleanser. As you can see I even opted for the 400ml giant bottle which lasted me well over 4 moths. This cleanser removes makeup like a dream, even waterproof mascara. I take a pump and massage it to the skin and also on to the eyes. No burning or stinging. The texture is gel-like, but doesn't foam up. It stays the same. For makeup removal I take a wet flannel and wipe my face. As you would using an oil cleansing method. Then I follow up with a different cleanser or with one more pump that I just wash off with lukewarm water. There is not residue left on the skin and I have not experienced any breakouts since using this cleanser. I have also tried and very much enjoyed the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Micellar Water and the Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel. I was surprised that even the foaming gel left my skin feeling supple.

Left: Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel; Center: Bioderma Sebio Hydra Moisturizer; Right: La Roche-Posay Dermo Cleanser x waterproof mascara

I think that my skin has also improved a lot thanks to using additional skincare steps - a mist and a serum. There has been already a lot written on the internet about the La Roche-Posay Serozinc and I can only confirm - it is awesome. Very calming and it really seems to limit my occasional breakouts. During my worst rosacea days it was a welcome soothing. Another thing that my skin seems to enjoy very much is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar K(+) care. I use it as a serum, twice a week. It contains LHA and antioxidants to help with large pores and irregular skin texture. I was scared of using acids on my sensitive skin, but I must say that this tiny cream helped probably the most with my rosacea bumps. I continue to use it even now when my rosacea has completely receded because it really makes a difference in my pores. 

And on to the moisturizers! During the rosacea flare up, my first choice was La Roche-Posay Rosaliac UV Light. After only couple of days my redness was significantly reduced so big plus there La Roche-Posay! The only thing which I didn't like was the residue. It left my skin shiny and my pores exaggerated. I essentially moved the cream to my night time skincare where I didn't mind the downside effects and still could get the redness reducing benefit. A cream which I enjoyed without any drawbacks was the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre. This stuff really deserves the hype and I have to soon pick up a new one because my tube is on its last legs. I expected a heavy and greasy cream, but the texture is light and very runny. Through some magic it always seems to provide the right level of moisture for my skin, even when it feels oily or the opposite - very dry. And have I mentioned that foundations glide over this thing like a dream? Recently I have also picked up the Bioderma Sebium Hydra moisturizer. It is a compensating care for weakened and dried skin by treatments. I find it great to use after clay masks or the Effaclar K(+) care, however the Embryolisse moisturizer remains my favorite. 

Overall, I think I am completely sold on French skincare. My skin really liked everything I have tried so far and the La Roche-Posay Dermo Cleanser and Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre have become my holy grail skincare essentials. What is your experience with French skincare and what are your recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment