EVERYDAY SKINCARE ROUTINE


When it comes to skincare, I like to keep things simple. Especially at the end of a long day, I don't want to spend hours in the bathroom removing makeup and putting on a tun of creams and serums. No offense to anybody. I know that for some people it is a relaxing activity to pamper their skin and once in a while I like to give my skin a spa day too. However, on an everyday basis I prefer multitasking yet effective products which will keep my skin in a perfect condition day and night.

One of the staple products in my bathroom cabinet is a cream cleanser. It doesn't dry out the skin compared to gel cleansers, and yet it cleanses with same efficiency. I constantly try out new brands, but there are a few I always come back to: Lavera Basis Sensitive 2 in 1 Cleansing Milk (don't be fooled my the name, this cleanser has very thick and creamy consistency), Biokosma Mild Cleansing Cream, or Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream Wash (if natural cosmetics is not your thing). I use the cleanser both morning and night. It takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, very soft! No need for muslin cloth, makeup wipes, toner ... you can proceed straight to a moisturizer. On the few days when I use waterproof mascara, I additionally take it off with almond oil or two-phased eye makeup remover. As I mentioned above, I don't use a toner after cleansing. I've found over time that my skin doesn't need it, if I use the right cleanser.

The next step in my daily skincare is a moisturizer. I prefer the ones targeted to sensitive and drier skin types. Although my skin is combination, I rather use a rich moisturizer to smooth any dry areas. I can always blot excess oils in the t-zone during the day. Flaky skin is way more difficult to fix. My all time favorite moisturizers are Sans Soucis Naturkosmetik Jojoba Moisturizing 24-h Care and Lavera Basis Moisturizing Cream Q10. I've repurchased both creams many times, but unfortunately the Sans Soucis one seems to be discontinued!

Some of you might be also wondering about SPF. It's a tough one to discuss and to follow up with. Remember that it is necessary to apply your SPF in generous amount and reapply during the day to really benefit from the sun protection. During the summer days, I am able to keep up with the recommendations pretty well. I apply sun protection in the morning and carry it around for re-application. It's no problem as I usually wear only very light bb creams or powder foundations and those need touch-ups during the day anyways. However, during the winter months when it is cloudy and rainy, I forget most of the time or honestly am too lazy to do the extra step, especially when it comes to reapplication. So here you have it - my everyday skincare reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment