AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE ORIGINAL BEAUTYBLENDER?!


I have been asking this question every morning for a year now when I slap on my makeup. I have really tried to make this 'miracle' sponge work, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's not that I don't like the feeling of using a makeup sponge or don't know how to apply foundation with it. Prior to the Beautyblender, I used to use its dupe. I found a beautyblender-like sponge at TK Maxx some years ago and loved it! I used it religiously every day and pretty much tossed all of my foundation brushes away. Makeup sponges are really wonderful for foundation application and give the most flawless skin-like finish. Because of this love, I decided one day to splurge on the original Beautyblender version. I was so excited! Unfortunately, the excitement has quickly turned into frustration.

Here are the cons of the original Beautyblender, at least as I see them:

Too soft! I know that this will be very controversial, but let me explain. The sponge is so soft that it doesn't do anything to the foundation at all. I have to go over one spot like hundred times..dabbing and dabbing. It takes ages to cover the whole face, to blend the foundation and make it look flawless. Also I can kind of feel my fingers through the sponge when I press just a little bit harder (usually when I am in a hurry).

Soaks up a lot of foundation! I never seem to find a balance between the amount of water left in the sponge and my foundation. If I wet the sponge and rinse it well, then it soaks up a lot of my foundation and I have to use double of what I would use normally. If I squeeze the sponge less, then there will be water running down my face when I am trying to blend the foundation.

Many people argue that the Beautyblender is too expensive. I actually don't find the price itself to be a problem, a quality foundation brush will cost you the same or often even more! And if you take a good care of your Beautyblender then it can last you for a long time. The problem is that the Beatyblender just doesn't do a good job at what it promises to do. In the sea of alternative makeup sponges, there are a few which would be definitely more worth the money than the original, although those are harder to find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment