FAVORITE DRDUGSTORE MATTE EYESHADOWS | NYX & CATRICE

Looking for a good quality matte eyeshadow at a drugstore is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I don't know why more brands don't have matte eyeshadows in their collections. I think that matte colors are very flattering and essential for any makeup kit. Everybody needs at least one good matte eyeshadow for blending in the crease! I have very hooded eyelids so I use matte colors on an everyday basis. Here are the two of my favorite drugstore brands and their matte eyeshadows.

NYX Nude Matte Shadow
I have not heard many positive reviews about these eyeshadows, but it hasn't stopped me from trying them out. At first, I wasn't too impressed. These eyeshadows swatch very poorly. However, on the lids that's a different story! I use brushes with natural bristles and the eyeshadow colors show up really nicely on the lids. The shadows are very easy to blend without loosing much of the pigmentation as compared to other brand eyeshadows. The consistency of these shadows is very soft and buttery, almost too soft so they can get a little bit messy in the pots. I think that these shadows are ideal for someone, who prefers soft rather than dramatic looks, and who want's to play around with shaping the eyes, but still look natural.

The shiny shade in the middle is Maybelline color tattoo in barely branded which I use as a base or over the shadows when I am bored of all matte and I want to amp up my eyeshadow looks

Catrice Absolute Eye Color & Velvet Matt Eyeshadow
Catrice eyeshadows can be hit and miss. Their single eyeshadows come in various finishes from very glittery, metallic to matte. To be honest I am not a fan of any of the shiny ones. I always end up with glitter all over my face. Nonetheless, their matte and velvet matt formulation blew me away! These shadows are incredibly pigmented for a drugstore. You barely need to dip your brush or fingers in to have a full on color pay off. These shadows feel again very soft and buttery and they blend like a dream. My only problem with these is their staying power. While the NYX eyeshadows last me all day even without a primer, the Catrice shadows are more prone to creasing. I recommend using a really good eyeshadow base and even a setting spray for more dramatic dark eyeshadow looks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! This helped me a lot for choosing between which to go for.

    ReplyDelete